Sunday, August 31, 2008

I need your vote

Originally I was going to write about the Democratic convention and the coronation of Lord Scooter, but I decided to wait until the Republicans have their party and then compare the two. I must say, I like the way this contest is shaping up and in case you didn’t noticed there’s an extra spring in my fingers as I pound away at the keyboard.

As expected, Scooter followed tried and true old party lines by picking Joe Biden as his running mate. That’s real change when you pick someone who’s been in the Senate longer than Gramps. Now, what could Biden’s nickname be, hum? I got it, Al. O. Pecia. (Look it up) So now we have the Scooter and Alopecia show coming to a town near you. But my friends, I didn’t call you here to take pot shots at the dynamic dunderheads, we got plenty of time for that.

If Gramps keeps doing the things like he did last week he just might lose that Gramps moniker to something more endearing like Mr. Gramps.

My rules for a President have always been this. They must have experience running a government. A state governor fits the bill nicely, something Scooter, Alopecia, and Gramps know nothing about. Governor’s work with budgets, veto bills, and make decisions when disasters hit their states, in other words, a mini President.

Wow, Sarah Palin where do I begin? Not only is she a governor, she speaks my language. This is the shot in the arm I’ve been waiting for and what the Republicans needed. Her experience issues won’t fly here, not when Scooter’s only been in the Senate for 145 days. And he’s at the top of their ticket! When she was just a mayor, she had more experience than him, so back off.

Of course she will be attacked and Keith Olbermann will lead the charge. McCain’s bold choice has the chat shows questioning his sanity. The Democrats are a sad bunch. The party who preaches equal rights, and supposedly supports working mothers has little use for this woman. Even though their woman, Hillary, is only a two term senator, with little experience of her own and clueless when it comes to executive know how.

Let’s look back to the first women selected for Vice President, Geraldine Ferraro. She wasn’t even a senator much less a governor. Ms. Ferraro, a congresswoman from New York’s 9th district was thrust on the world stage as a viable heart-beat away from the Presidency. Yet, the Democrats loved that pick no matter how inexperienced she was when it came to foreign policy.

What little I know about Sarah Palin, I do know I’d sleep better with someone who’s a NRA member and respects the Second Amendment. Can Scooter say that?

I’d sleep better with someone who refuses earmarks and is against government waste. Scooter’s been in office for only two years and has already run up a tab in the millions for pork barrel spending. (Change you can count on)

Sarah Palin changes a lot about this campaign. Being President or Vice President isn’t her life long ambition. She didn’t go the lawyer route and appeared to be happy being a mom. Sometimes funny things happen. She went from city council, to mayor, to governor, for a reason. She got things done. And she did it the right way, not from an inside Washington smoke filled room kind of way.

She governs with common sense, not common friends.

This is the kind of politician I’ve been screaming for and finally in the eleventh hour Gramps gets it. But I’m left with a problem, what’s her nickname?

You know I have no problem throwing out nicknames like Scooter, Gramps, and the new guy, Alopecia. But I’m making fun of them, something I would never do to my Sarah. So I need your help.

I need your vote on her nickname. You can vote at the top right side of this blog. I’ll keep it up for a few weeks, until then she’ll be Ms. Palin.

Here are the choices.

Alaskan Princess

Mrs. Right

Gov. Hottie

The other Mrs. Ron

Vote early and vote often.

1 comment:

Rick O'Shay said...

Sorry I don't get the "other Mrs Ron" Not sure what you mean so I said Gov. Hottie.
So now we're voting for Vice President and not President. How soon do you think Gramps will have the big one. See www.richosea.blogspot.com
Hey I gotta get my blog out there somehow. Not getting any hits.
Sorry Ron for hyjacking your blog.

Maybe Gov. Hottie can lead a revolution. How about a political coup.

How many Presidents have resigned or met their maker so as to up grade the VP's status?